Job Title: Project Manager
Travel Required: Yes
Position Type: Position Type: Permanent / Full Time
Job Purpose: Working in the Public Safety Industry, you will be part of a project management team responsible for managing and delivery Solacom solutions. The Project Manager will plan, execute, finalize projects including close out according to timelines, scope and budget management. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third party contractors in order to deliver projects according to plan. The Project Manager will work with Solacom Business Partners to assist in defining the project’s objectives and oversee delivery and quality control throughout its life cycle
- Manage medium to large scale projects.
- Manage multiple project assignments in parallel to ensure timely delivery.
- Manage both Telecom and IT Infrastructure projects of varying degrees of complexity and size.
- Execute on project management policies, guidelines and program parameters.
- Determine, establish, track and manage project schedule timing and resource allocation to ensure targets are reached
- Coordinate prioritization of projects to ensure consistency with corporate strategies
- Report and monitor project budgets and statuses
- Problem resolution and escalation management.
- Conduct project status meetings
- Perform root cause analysis, issues management and conflict resolution
- Maintain regular communications among organization leaders
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path
- Develop and manage project plans and schedules
- Manage overall project budgets
- Oversee integration and alignment of resources (internal & external) schedules
|Required Skills/Qualifications: • Post-secondary degree or diploma in technology or equivalent
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in technology or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years of experience with project management processes.
- Experience in customer facing role
- Excellent interpersonal and client relationship skills interacting with a wide range of IT and management professionals, including executives
- Proficient communicating at all levels within an organization
- Extremely organized and capable of tracking, managing and resolving issues on multiple activities
- Ability to proactively identify and implement risk mitigation and issue resolution strategies to ensure program success
- Strong analytical, negotiation, problems solving and process thinking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication, coordination and organizational skills
- Excellent presentation and listening skills
- General knowledge of data center technologies, Telecom and IP networks
- Proficient in the use in the Microsoft Suite including MS Project
- High degree of tenacity and persistence to get tasks completed on schedule
- Ability to deal with change and learn new technology and processes.
- Knowledge of PMP processes is an asset